Payments & Fees
Our Student Led Clinic
Our student led clinic is a more affordable alternative for our clients and families who may be struggling with the higher costs associated with attending other speech therapy private practices.
Our fees are offered at a reduced rate to reflect the student teaching component of service delivery, but the quality of therapy remains high, because of the expertise of the supervising clinicians and their constant involvement in guiding and evaluating the students.
We keep a small number of appointments available in case a patient needs to be seen on the same day. Call our team if this is the case.
Our fees are reviewed annually and are determined by a combination of factors including Medicare indexation, costs associated with running a medical practice and our patients.
Our Non-Student Led Clinic
From January 2023, we will be offering non-student led therapy services for children, delivered solely by our fully qualified speech pathologists. This service will understandably incur higher prices per session.
Indicative Sample Pricing below:
|Service||Student Clinic Fees Per Hour*||Nonstudent Clinic Fees Per Hour*|
|Reports (requested)||$135 (min 2 hrs charged)||$193.99 (min 2 hrs charged)|
Please Note: all sessions are 45 minutes in duration.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Here at MSPC, we are able to see NDIS participants who are either plan managed or self-managed. If you are portal managed, you can find a registered provider by contacting the NDIA.
Your invoices can be sent directly to your plan manager for payment or can be paid in the clinic at the time of your session.
We are able to directly invoice other funding bodies on your behalf, such as the TAC, My Aged Care and DVA. Please let us know who you are covered by prior to your first appointment with us and we will confirm whether we are an approved provider.
Speech pathology services are eligible for a Medicare rebate under the Chronic Disease Management Plan for up to 5 sessions per calendar year. If you are eligible, these plans must be obtained by your GP prior to attending sessions with us. Your Medicare rebate can be claimed directly at our clinic.
Private Health Insurance Claims
We currently are not able to process your Private Health Insurance rebates at the clinic but can provide you with the required invoice receipts for claiming at a later date. It is your responsibility to make sure you are covered for our services prior to booking your first appointment. Please also be aware that the direct involvement of students in our student led clinic may impact on your ability to claim.
Terms and Conditions
At MTHC we are a values driven organisation and as such we strive for mutual respect and cooperation with all our clients.
The following terms, conditions and policy have been devised with these mutual values at the heart of our operations with equal consideration and respect for both our patients and staff.
Our Payment Terms and Conditions
T & C as follows:
- For Initial appointments and all telehealth consultations – Payment to be made in full five working days prior to your appointment.
- Payments may be made over the phone at the time of booking, or our admin team will contact you directly – this applies to all self-managed NDIS participants, private paying clients and those with Medicare Plan (CDM)
- If you have a Medicare plan to subsidise your payments, you will still be required to pre-pay for your initial session in full. Your Medicare rebate can be claimed following your session at the clinic or via Medicare online.
- If you are a plan managed NDIS participant, we will require the details of your nominated plan manager at least 5 days prior to your initial session and we will claim on your behalf.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE:
We accept cash payments, EFT and credit card payments at the clinic and over the phone.
The following items represent the key terms and conditions for cancellation of an appointment at the Melbourne Speech Pathology Clinic
- Minimum 48 hours notice of appointment cancellation
- Late cancellations – less than 48 hours – will incur a late cancellation fee
- We will initially offer you a telehealth session and/or try and reschedule your session within the same week. If neither of these options are possible, a full fee will be charged
- To notify us of a session cancellation, please call the clinic on 9035 5333 and follow the prompts to the Melbourne Speech Pathology Clinic. Please leave a message that includes the client’s name, the date and time of the session that you are cancelling and whether you would like to go ahead with a telehealth session instead. The time of your call will be noted for the purposes of determining if late cancellation policy applies.